Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician
Texas state mandated exam to become a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician.
The Texas Laser Institute serves as a Certifying Entity in the state of Texas, recognized by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). As a Certifying Entity, TLI administers the professional examination, providing a pathway for Licensed Senior Laser Hair Removal Technicians to upgrade their licensure to the Professional level.
- To qualify for upgrading your licensure to a Professional, the licensee must possess a current, non-expired, license as a Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician, and;
- Achieve a passing mark on the professional examination
TLI offers the professional examination through its web portal. The Senior Technician may enroll for the Professional Course online, gain instant access to the study materials and then take the Professional Examination. Upon its completion, the examination is scored in real time, with the immediate issuance of the Professional Certification to the licensee upon achieving a successful score of at least 80%. The certificate is made available for downloading and printing within the student’s dashboard.
Certification remains valid for three (3) years, with the ability to be renewed online.
Many licensees will elect to upgrade their licenses to the Professional level when it becomes time to renew their Senior registrations. Remember, when doing so, make sure to also complete and submit 8 hours of continuing educational credits. TLI offers continue education online, and can be easily accessed within the student portal. Licensees renewing their professional licensure need also to submit 8 hours of continuing education credit with their renewal applications.
This examination is designed to enable Registered Senior Laser Hair Removal Technicians to upgrade their registration to that of a Registered Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician.
Main Skills to be Reviewed:
- Laser Hair Removal Safety Two
- Human anatomy relevant to laser hair removal
- Laser Physics
- Skin Typing
- Skin Reactions
- Treatment Protocols
- Eye Protection
- Emergency situations and their mitigation
- Post-treatment Protocol
- Sanitation and proper care of laser and IPL equipment
- Regulatory considerations
- Student must possess registration in good standing with TDLR as a Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician.
- Proficiency in English or in Spanish, depending upon the language in which the course will be instructed.
Tuition to take the examination to become a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician is $200, and can be submitted online with your enrollment into this seminar. Tuition includes all course materials, testing, and certificate of professional certification. The TDLR Professional Licensure application is $150, made payable directly to TDLR with a copy of the completed application and copy of your certification from the Texas Laser Institute.
As a licensed Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician, you may:
- Fulfill the Texas state requirement as the registered Professional Laser Hair Removal technician for a Texas licensed laser hair removal facility.
- Perform the necessary audits for the technician or senior technician treatment upgrade log sheets in the state of Texas.
- Perform laser hair removal treatments, at a licensed laser hair removal facility in the state of Texas, without the onsite presence of either a Consulting Physician or another Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician