Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician
Texas state mandated exam to become a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician.
The Texas Laser Institute serves as a Certifying Entity, recognized by the Texas Department of License and Regulations (TDLR), and administers the Professional Examination with an optional four to five hour review course. Training through the Texas Laser Institute enables individuals to upgrade their registration status as a Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician to that of a Registered Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician with TDLR.
There are no special requirements for completion of the seminar other than to score a passing mark on the final examination of at least an 80%. Exams are graded Pass/Fail. A certificate from the Texas Laser Institute, LLC as a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician shall be awarded to each individual with the achievement of a passing score on the examination. CEU through the Texas Laser Institute are recognized by TDLR. TDLR requires of its registered laser hair removal technicians every two years.
This examination is designed to enable Registered Senior Laser Hair Removal Technicians to upgrade their registration to that of a Registered Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician.
Main Skills to be Reviewed:
- Laser Hair Removal Safety Two
- Human anatomy relevant to laser hair removal
- Laser Physics
- Skin Typing
- Skin Reactions
- Treatment Protocols
- Eye Protection
- Emergency situations and their mitigation
- Post-treatment Protocol
- Sanitation and proper care of laser and IPL equipment
- Regulatory considerations
- Student must possess registration in good standing with TDLR as a Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician.
- Proficiency in English or in Spanish, depending upon the language in which the course will be instructed.
Tuition to take the examination to become a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician is $200. Tuition includes all course materials, testing, and certificate of completion.