Botox® and Facial Fillers
Following the completion of the eight (8) hours training seminar, the student will be able to properly diagnose and safely inject Botulinum Toxin – A for the treatment of frown lines, glabellar lines, crow’s feet, bunny lines, chine lines ans dimpling, and neck bands. Additional training is provided for practice success. Seminar includes all training materials, model forms, sample product and supplies to be used during training, testing and certificates of completion.
- Minimum age for admissions is at least 18 years of age at the date of application.
- Students must have attained a high school diploma , GED or equivalent. Student may show current enrollment in a program or attainment of licensure or education where a high school diploma served as a prerequisite.
- Proficiency in English or in Spanish, depending upon the language in which the course will be instructed.
- Students must pocess licensure as either a physician, a physician assistant, a nurse practitioner, registered nurse, or a licensed vocational nurse. A prospective student that does not maintain licensure to practice medicine may also enroll in the seminar if s/he satisfies the first three requirements and works underneath the direct supervision of a physician.
- History of Botox and Dysport
- Neutralizing Antibodies and Immunogenicity
- Mechanism of Action and efficacy
- Aesthetic evaluation and consultation
- Injection techniques and protocol
- Risks and complications
- Pricing, practice considerations, and marketing
- 8:00 Introduction to botulinum
- 8:15 BOTOX®: Statistics & history of use
- 8:30 Review of facial muscle anatomy
- 9:15 Patient selection
- 9:30 Indications and contraindications
- 10.00 Break
- 10:15 Injection technique
- 10:45 Patient consultation, preparation & after treatment
- 11:15 Side effects & addressing complications
- 12:00 Lunch provided with topic discussion: “Practice Success: building your injectable business”
- 1:00 Demo/hands-on training of facial fillers
- 4:45 Q&A session & Conclusion
- 5:00 Program evaluation & certificate distribution