Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician
Texas state mandated course to become a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician - Online Renewal.
About This Course:
The Texas Laser Institute (TLI), through its Association of Laser Professionals, serves as an approved Certifying Entity as recognized by the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR).
We offer the option to those who have already earned their Professional Certification through TLI, to renew the same through our online portal.
In order to qualify to renew your Professional Certification through our online portal, you must:
- Hold certification through our association as a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician (having first taken your original professional examination in person at one of our facilities).
- Maintain licensure with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) as a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician
- Remain in good standing with our Association, TDLR, and are not otherwise prohibited from exercising laser hair removal treatments in Texas
This seminar is designed to allow a cost efficient but educational means for existing Association Members to renew their Professional Certification.
Specifically, the student will review his or her understanding of the interaction of light within competing chromophores, conduct client consultations, determine treatment settings and protocols appropriate for laser hair removal, as well as to appropriately address treatment complications.
Main Skills to be reviewed:
- Laser Hair Removal Safety Considerations
- Human anatomy relevant to laser hair removal
- Laser Physics
- Skin Typing
- Skin Reactions
- Treatment Protocols
- Eye Protection
- Emergency situations and their mitigation
- Post-treatment Protocol
- Sanitation and proper care of laser and IPL equipment
- Regulatory considerations
For 2018, tuition to take the online examination to become a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician is $200 – which also includes the optional video review and course materials.
Tuition otherwise includes all course materials, testing, and certificate of completion.
Testing & Certificates:
Following the optional video review and/or study of the written materials, students are able to take the online recertification examination.
The test consists of 75 questions, either multiple choice or true or false. A passing mark of an 80% must be obtained in order to receive earn your renewal certificate as a Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician. Student attempts at the examination are not limited.
Tuition is non-refundable, and as such will not be returned for failure to obtain a passing score.
Students that are unable to earn a passing mark will not receive a renewal certification from our association.