Professional Laser Hair Removal
Physician & Physician Delegate Laser Training (6 hours)
The Texas Laser Institute offers physicians and their delegates Professional Laser Hair Removal Certification. This convienient online course provides a comprehensive yet efficient solution to gain the necessary training from the comfort of their own home. In addition, these courses are designed to provide the required degree of training and comprehension in accordance with Rule 193.13 of the Texas Medical Board.
About This Course:
Online Training through the Texas Laser Institute enables individuals to upgrade their registration status as a Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician to that of a Registered Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician with DSHS.
- Minimum age for admissions is at least 18 years of age at the date of application.
- Students must have attained a high school diploma, GED or equivalent. Student may show current enrollment in a program or attainment of licensure or education where a high school diploma served as a prerequisite.
- Proficiency in English or in Spanish, depending upon the language in which the course will be instructed.
- Students must possess licensure as either a physician, a physician assistant, or a nurse practitioner. A prospective student that does not maintain licensure to practice medicine may also enroll in the seminar if s/he satisfies the first three requirements and works underneath the direct supervision of a physician.
This online seminar is designed to enable Registered Senior Laser Hair Removal Technicians to upgrade their registration to that of a Registered Professional Laser Hair Removal Technician. Students will also be able to apply the theory, science and practice of laser hair removal to achieve safe and effective treatments using a multitude of light based machines. Specifically, the student will be better able to understand the interaction of light within competing chromophores, conduct client consultations, determine treatment settings and protocols appropriate for laser hair removal, and address treatment complications.
Main Skills to be Learned:
- Laser Safety
- Human Anatomy Relevant to Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Physics
- Skin Typing
- Skin Reactions
- Treatment Protocols
- Eye Protection and Selection of Goggles
- Emergency situations and Mitigation
- Pre and Post-Treatment Protocols
- Sanitation and Proper Care of Laser and IPL equipment
- Regulatory Considerations