Ablative Skin Resurfacing
Our Ablative Skin Resurfacing Course is designed for individuals intending to add to their aesthetic laser skill set as well as increase their knowledge in advanced anti-aging cosmetic laser procedures. This advanced one-day course demonstrates how innovative laser technologies offer deeper and more aggressive penetration of the skin to produce remarkable results.
A certificate from the Texas Laser Institute, LLC as a Professional Ablative Skin Resurfacing Specialist will be awarded to each individual with the completion of necessary course hours.
- Comparison of Erbium Skin Resurfacing, CO2, and other Ablative Laser Treatments.
- Fractionated vs Non-fractionated Resurfacing.
- Ablative vs Non-ablative Resurfacing.
- Client Qualification and Consultation.
- Pre and post treatment considerations.
- Mitigating and Addressing Post Treatment Complications.
- Regulatory Environment and Safety.
- Best Practices Considerations.
- 9:00 Laser Physics & Theory of Ablative Skin Resurfacing Modalities
- 9:15 Client Selection – Target Chromophores
- 9:45 Treatment Parameters: Selective Photothermolysis & Thermal Relaxation Time
- 10:00 Break
- 10:15 Indications and Contraindications
- 10:45 Patient Preparation & Post Treatment
- 11:15 Side Effects & Complications
- 11:45 Conclusion
- 12:00 Lunch provided with topic discussion: “Laser Safety & Best Practices”
- 1:00 Demo/hands-on training of ablative skin resurfacing using CO2 and Er: YAG modalities
- 5:00 Program Evaluation & Certificate Distribution